Monday, July 6, 2009

The Way You Make Me Feel

I'm not sure how I feel about Michael Jackson's death. While his passing is tragic, was it altogether unexpected? This guy went under more anesthesia than all of the Real Housewives combined for all of their various surgeries (although not Danielle from New Jersey, only one boob job for that girl) and Pamela Anderson. Plus he allegedly had a pretty bad prescription drug problem. And he was just....strange.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Billie Jean, Thriller, even Dirty Diana. He was an AMAZING performer. But that talent can't negate all of the weirdness that surrounded him. As I watch all of the retrospectives and E! True Hollywood Stories, etc. on him, I'm not sure if he was just a big kid who really loved children, or if he's a big creep who REALLY loved children. Only he and those children know what happened, but I'm not inclined to forget that he was once accused of child molestation and once paid another accuser. If it walks like a duck...

However, those close to him, those who knew him well have spoken of his amazing kindness and genuine love for children. I hope that's all it was. But, we don't pick and choose what we will be remembered for. If you don't want people to talk about you, don't give them the ammunition.

No comments: