Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Love New York

I have a guilty pleasure, and it's called I Love New York on VH1. This is the woman, New York (aka Tiffany Pollard), is searching for love in a sea of men who are most likely actors. Now, New York is a woman that was originally on the Flavor of Love, but apparently wasn't good enough for Flavor Flav (who hooked up with Brigette Neilsen).

This season of I Love New York has been top notch. There was a midget, a "spit" fight, ghosts, toe sucking, snitching, and anything else you could want on a reality dating show. It's not even a guilty pleasure anymore, it's just something I'm proud to admit that I watch.

I am, however, not proud that New York (Tiffany) and I are more alike than I'd like to admit. This realization came when I saw the previews for a new episode where her suitors have to cook her a meal and she says, "He combined two of my favorite things in the whole world, ranch and vodka." Hold up, New York, those are two of my favorite things. I began to think of other ways New York and I are alike: we both like low cut shirts, we both can't find love, we like big strong black men. I feel like she's my sister from another mister.

If you've seen this show, you're probably lowering your head and shaking it with disappointment. That's OK, I'm OK with it!

No comments: