Tuesday, October 16, 2007

There's A Difference Between Kid Magicians and Adult Magicians

On Saturday, I had the pleasure of seeing not one, but two magicians (and I wasn't in Vegas or anything). The first was the "kid" magician at a children's Halloween party. Mr. Nick was great, for a magician from Oelwein, IA, he was great! The kids LOVED him and had soooo much fun watching him. Mr. Nick was extremely talented in the balloon area (swords, flowers, vampires, you name it!) and had the patience of a saint.

Later that night, I saw the "adult" magician. I don't remember his name, he was supposed to be a comedian, but he turned out to be a comedian/magician. This guy also did balloon things, his was a penis with balls hat. He, too, was great. I really like it when they embarrass audience members, as long as it's not me. He did some basic card tricks, he made a $50 bill from a girl in the audience reappear in an orange, and he did some trick with scarves, bras, and underwear.

Now, Mr. Nick's magic wasn't hard to figure out. It was pretty basic. However, my "adult" magician had me perplexed. I love magic, but I don't get it. It makes me feel stupid and excited all at once. A good day indeed!

No comments: