Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's 9:00 Do You Know Where Your Tylenol PM Is?

Last night was kind of hectic because we didn't get home until 7:50, so I had to get Will in the bath, get the garbage out, talk on the phone...the usual. In the midst of all of this, I'm not sure if I took my Tylenol PM.

For those of you who know me, you know I'm a frequent and habitual user of the stuff. I take it every night to make sure I stay asleep. If I think I've run out or dropped my last pill, I'm like a crack fiend. You can imagine when I couldn't remember if I'd taken it how I felt.

I called my friend who is a nurse and asked if I could just go ahead and take two more, just in case. The answer was no and that I already sound like I'd taken it--that's new, a phone diagnosis just from my slurred words, nice. I was stirring and stirring. Maybe I can just take one, that way I won't OD if I'd already taken some. I went so far as to get the one pill out of the bottle, but then I stopped myself.

I know when kids are sick (I'm not sick) you can give them both acetaminophen and ibuprofen, so I'll just take some ibuprofen. As I'm fumbling around looking for the ibu, my son is asking "What are you doing, mom?" and like a true drug addict, I said "Don't worry about it, go to sleep!" I took two ibu and went to sleep.

What is wrong with me?

No comments: