Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The year 2022 is fast approaching!! Are you ready?

As I was opening a pack of batteries last night (for my son's stupid bath toy that I cut my finger on three times--to which he said, I'll rub it, but I'm not kissing your bloody finger) it said use before 2022. That's 15 years from now, for you non-math majors. I started to think, huh, 15 years from now, what will I be doing?

First of all, my son will be 21. I'm pretty sure we'll use the batteries by then. If not now, at least when he's in college, right? Probably by then, batteries will have gone the way of the dinosaur, just like we should have flying cars by now.

What does the next 15 years hold for me? Well my house won't be paid off, that's a pleasant thought. Maybe I'll be married. Maybe I'll have adopted international children like Brangelina. Maybe I'll finally learn french and spanish. Maybe I'll be the person who TiVO's and watches the most shows and I'll earn my much coveted spot in the Guinness Book of World Records. Maybe I'll still be doing everything the same.

My GF's and I talked about making a top 10 things to do before we die list, I think I'll do it to ensure that things aren't the same. Off the top of my head, in no particular order, a few from my top ten:

1) Travel Europe extensively (Amsterdam, London, Paris, Venice...)

2) Take my son to Disney World (totally attainable within the next few years--good for motivation to check things off).

3) Take a vacay with my mom, sister, and aunt. We've talked about it, but it's time to shit or get off the pot.

4) Learn a foreign language.

5) See as many concerts as possible (Jovi, JT, John Mayer---pretty much anything that starts with J).

The list will continue...it's hard!

No comments: