Friday, December 12, 2008

Where Has All the Fun Gone?

In about a week, I will be 31 years of age. I know, I don't look a day over 27, right? What's troubling me is how responsible I've become. I don't know when it happened. Perhaps sometime between age 29 and now, I've learned my lessons and have found a proper way to live my life. Good, you say?! Yes, good, but BORING. I am bored out of my mind. Living the "good" way is not as much fun as the manic and erratic lifestyle I'm used to.



I distinctly remember sitting on my couch when I lived in Washington DC saying, "I can't imagine ever not going out on a Friday or Saturday night!" My how times have changed. I still really like to go out, but I'm lacking in partners in crime, plus the hangovers nowadays are nothing to mess with. Not to mention how long it takes to get ready and figure out logistics. It is actually a lot easier to forgo the fun and just stay in. Even on the rare occasions when I do go out I usually go home BEFORE the bar closes. What's up with that? NOTE: As I write this "old me" is turning over in her "grave".



The other stupid responsible thing I've been doing is keeping track of how much money is in my account. I know that's something I'm supposed to do, but I used to just fly by the seat of my pants and hope there was enough money. It wasn't fun, but at least it kept things interesting. Now, I check my balance and if I don't have money, I don't spend money. Totally boring.



I'm in desperate need of something to shake things up in my life...or I might end up getting a tattoo. It'll probably something responsible if I do, like "A bird in the hand..." or whatever that saying is.

No comments: