Monday, September 15, 2008

I Know, I Deserve It

On a recent trip to the quad cities, I received a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55 (he knocked it down from 80). In my defense, I didn't know what the speed limit was and I thought I was lost. I was not paying attention, at all, to how fast I was going. Being that I make it a rule to 15 over the speed limit, I was not mad about the ticket. I'm sure I've deserved every ticket I've gotten and haven't gotten. I've been pulled over so many times, too numerous to count, it was bound to happen. And, I got off easy. 80 in a 55 is totally unacceptable and I could have had some serious restrictions on my license.

All that being said....I'm not sure I really deserved the ticket. I mean, earlier in the day, I was going 5 mph due to a wide load that covered both lanes. Later that day, I was going 15 in a 25. Couldn't we just average out our speed?

And another thing. I'm a law abiding, tax paying citizen. I don't do drugs, steal, drunk drive, or do anything illegal. Couldn't I just get a pass? I mean, really?

I'll pay my ticket, and go on about my merry day. But, none the less, it sucks.

Oh, and later in the day I fell. In a parking lot. No one around.

No comments: